Team Leader Job
Date: Feb 11, 2014
Location: Mildford, DE, US
Title: Team Leader
Job Location: Mildford Delaware
The Team Lead is responsible for the efficient operations of the Assembly Lines including promoting a safe working environment, adherence to the documented quality system and maintaining the production efficiency in the department. This person must uphold policies and procedures such as Attendance, Safety, Employee Relations and Applicable Labor Laws. This person must maintain constant awareness of the Assembly schedules and coordinate the materials and resources necessary to produce the required parts within the required TAKT time to support the schedule. This person must understand how to identify issues preventing the department from meeting the required daily goals and resolve these issues permanently through root cause analysis. Is responsible for continuous improvement efforts (specifically in areas of safety, quality, performance, cost reduction and training) to support the achievement of daily and yearly performance goals. This person must have knowledge of the lean principles (vision) and implement and establish these principles throughout the area through coaching and team building.
Major Areas of Accountability
• Understands and promotes the Company's Vision and Culture Statement.
• Continually evaluates and develops new ways to improve the Assembly Department through the Continuous Improvement Program (CIP), lean phase certification achievements and other methods.
• Maintains constant awareness of the Assembly schedule to meet all required ship dates.
• Coordinate and manage manpower effectiveness through flexing.
• Understands, mentors and drives LEAN principles in the area.
• Must attend and support all bi-weekly meetings and perform all required assignments.
• Maintains a constant supervision presence in the department.
• Responds immediately, along with all staff members, to problems within the department.
• Supervise Station leaders, Materials Coordinator and Lean Technician to meet all required production demands and continuous improvement projects to eliminate hazards, improve quality and reduce labor and overhead cost.
• Monitor the use and inspection of all equipment including material handling equipment on a daily basis for safety, quality and specified production standards.
• Post all required metrics, and enforces production goals.
• Control and manage the use of all purchased supplies used by employees in the Assembly Department (PPE, small tools, consumables, shop supplies, machine tooling).
• Ensure all steel cycle counts are performed accurately and according to established procedures and timelines.
• Ensure that all required operator work instructions are completed according to ISO specifications.
• Continually develop ways to improve the safety performance and eliminate any safety issues identified in the Assembly Department.
• Ensure departmental safety and quality dashboards are completed on time.
• Complete detailed accident investigation reports for all accidents, which occur, in the Assembly Department.
• Keep area clean and organized through use of 5'S.
• Perform annual performance reviews for those employees assigned to the Assembly Department.
• Perform all required training for all employees in the following areas: safety, quality / ISO procedures, production goals, continuous improvement and cross training.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skill Required
• Working knowledge of computers including work processing, spreadsheets and databases, i.e., ManMan, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, Internet, and ADI.
• Ability to direct, coach and lead others.
• Must possess a can do attitude and demonstrate a high level of motivation.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
• Good organizational and planning skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
• Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Be aware of normal hazards and take appropriate precautions.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
• Assembly experience preferred but not required
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segments: ERP, Inspector, PeopleSoft, Plant Manager, Machinist, Technology, Quality, Manufacturing